OUR RESULTS OF CONSERVATIVE MANAGEMENT OF STAB WOUNDS PENETRATING THE PERITONEUM [Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg]
Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg. 2000; 6(1): 32-35

OUR RESULTS OF CONSERVATIVE MANAGEMENT OF STAB WOUNDS PENETRATING THE PERITONEUM

Ziya Çetinkaya1, Osman Doğru1, Nurullah Bülbüller1, Çağatay Çifter1, Feridun Baysal1, Mehmet Ali Akkuş1
Fırat Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi Genel Cerrahi Ad

Conservative management of stab wounds penetrating the peritoneum reduces the incidence of negative laparatomy. The records of 36 cases with penetrating abdominal stab wounds were reviewed. Decision of operation was based on evolving physical signs with radiographic findings.. Diagnostic laparascopy was performed on two cases with penetrating abdominal stab wounds. Laparatomy was performed on 27 cases (75%), remaining 9 cases(25%) were treated conservatively and discharged after an observation period. In two cases (5.6%), laparatomy were non-therapeutic. There were various intraabdominal injuries in the remaining 25 cases. The most injured organ was small intestine. The average length of hospitalisation was 8.4 days for cases underwent laparatomy and 2.7 days for conservative approached cases. In conclusion; our results show that the rate of negative laparatomy was lowered to 5.6 percent when compared with classical approach in which mandatory laparotomy was made for every stab wound penetrating the peritoneum. In some of these cases diagnostic laparascopy may be helpful in selection of patients for operation.

Keywords: STAB WOUNDS PENETRATING THE PERITONEUM, CONSERVATIVE MANAGEMENT


PERİTONA PENETRE KESİCİ DELİCİ ALET YARALANMALARINDA KONSERVATİF TEDAVİ SONUÇLARIMIZ

Ziya Çetinkaya1, Osman Doğru1, Nurullah Bülbüller1, Çağatay Çifter1, Feridun Baysal1, Mehmet Ali Akkuş1
Fırat Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi Genel Cerrahi Ad

Peritona penetre kesici delici alet yaralanmalarında konservatif tedavi uygulaması negatif laparotomi oranım azaltmaktadır. Peritona penetre kesici delici alet yaralanması olan 36 olgu retrospektif olarak incelendi. Ameliyat kararı fizik muayene bulguları esas alınarak verildi. Ancak radyografi ve ultrasonografiden de yararlanıldı. İki vakaya diagnostik laparoskopi uygulandı. 27 olguya (%75) laparotomi uygulandı. Geri kalan 9 olgu (%25) konservatif olarak tedavi gördü ve yeterli bir takip süresinden sonra taburcu edildi. Laparotomi, olguların ikisinde nonterapötikti. Diğer 25 olguda en fazla ince barsak olmak üzere değişik karın içi organlarda yaralanma saptandı. Laparotomi uygulanan olguların ikisinde komplikasyon görüldü. Ortalama hastanede yatış süresi laparotomi uygulanan olgularda 8.4 gün, konservatif tedavi uygulananlarda ise 2.7 gün oldu. Sonuç olarak; peritona penetre kesici delici alet yaralanmalarında hastanın durumuna göre konservatif yaklaşım yanında, gerekli olgularda diagnostik laparoskopi uygulaması negatif laparotomi oranını azaltmaktadır.

Anahtar Kelimeler: PERİTONA PENETRE KESİCİ DELİCİ ALET YARALANMALARI, KONSERVATİF TEDAVİ


Ziya Çetinkaya, Osman Doğru, Nurullah Bülbüller, Çağatay Çifter, Feridun Baysal, Mehmet Ali Akkuş. OUR RESULTS OF CONSERVATIVE MANAGEMENT OF STAB WOUNDS PENETRATING THE PERITONEUM. Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg. 2000; 6(1): 32-35


TOOLS
Full Text PDF
Print
Download citation
RIS
EndNote
BibTex
Medlars
Procite
Reference Manager
Share with email
Share


Similar articles
PubMed
Google Scholar


LookUs & OnlineMakale